Worship leaders, accompanists and musicians who perform special music lead the church in the worship and praise of our Lord through music. Those who have the gift of music use their talents to the glory of God both as primary artists and as accompanists who enable others to use their gifts as well.
WHO WE ARE
Worship leaders lead the congregation in the singing of hymns by directing the music as the organ and piano provide accompaniment. Accompanists are the pianists, organists and other instrumentalists who provide music during various aspects of our worship services. Special music involves many individuals who provide special music at various times throughout the year.
The purpose of the worship ministry is to lead the congregation in heartfelt worship and bring glory to our Lord.
Our vision is to glorify God through heartfelt worship; reach out to others with the love of Christ; obey God’s command to make disciples; win others to Christ.
HOW WE SERVE
These ministry participants are needed most Sunday mornings during corporate worship. They also serve during special services including Easter week services, funerals, prayer services, and other special events.
- Worship leaders direct the congregation in the singing of hymns and choruses.
- Accompanists are needed Sunday mornings to provide music for various aspects of the service including preludes, offertories, hymns and postludes.
- Special music is used in many parts of the service and includes both instrumental and vocal music.
SKILLS BEING SOUGHT
Musical composing and arranging
- Worship leaders – individuals with the ability to speak and sing comfortably before large groups, direct hymns, and sing confidently. Worship leaders are needed weekly, monthly, or for occasional events.
- Accompanists – individuals with the ability to play the organ or piano proficiently either alone or with other instruments. Accompanists are needed weekly, monthly, or for occasional events.
- Special music – skilled musicians are needed on occasion to provide special music.
The above positions require an audition.
YOU CAN PRAY FOR
- The musicians who currently serve in this ministry. Pray for their continued growth both musically and spiritually.
- The opportunity to place fresh faces into this ministry because “as iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another” (Proverbs. 27:17).
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you are interested in any of these areas or have additional questions please contact Heather Hunsberger (youth null@null aplaceforyou NULL.org).