The Sound Room is an enabling ministry which serves other ministries. We do this by providing the sound for the musicians who minister in Praise Team, Choir, and special music, as well as the Pastoral staff and guest speakers. We record the services for distribution to the congregation and the church’s web site. To order a copy of any service, make your request at the Welcome Center. We operate the video projection of sermon notes, announcements, song lyrics, and videos. We also serve outside of Sunday mornings with sound checks during the week, weddings, cantatas, and other special events as necessary.
WHO WE ARE
The sound room is currently composed of about 10 people who enjoy ministering behind the scenes, with technology, or both!
Our purpose is to enhance worship by enabling those ministering to use multimedia to proclaim and teach the gospel of Jesus Christ.
We strive for consistent, competent, quality media support that contributes to the smooth flow of the worship service.
According to an article on Bible.org, the specific clause “hear the Word of the Lord” occurs 32 times in the NIV and 28 times in the NASB. Also:
- Psalm 94:9 – Does he who implanted the ear not hear? Does he who formed the eye not see?
- Proverbs 20:12 – Ears that hear and eyes that see – the LORD has made them both.
- Matthew 13:16 – But blessed are your eyes because they see, and your ears because they hear.
- 1 John 1:3 – We proclaim to you what we have seen and heard, so that you also may have fellowship with us. And our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son, Jesus Christ.
- Matthew 11:15 – He who has ears, let him hear.
Our vision is to glorify God through heartfelt worship; reach out to others with the love of Christ; obey God’s command to make disciples; win others to Christ.
HOW WE SERVE
Church services typically involve a minimum of two people to operate the audio, projection, and computer equipment. We are here early for setup and sound checks, and stay afterwards for cleanup and tear-down. Ebenezer loves fellowship so much that even with clean-up, we are seldom the last to leave!
Attention to detail
We are always looking for more people to join our team. We try not to over-schedule people so they can worship with their families on Sundays when they are not scheduled.
YOU CAN PRAY FOR
- The volunteers who currently serve in this ministry. Pray for their continued growth both technically and spiritually.
- The opportunity to place fresh faces into this ministry because “as iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another” (Proverbs 27:17).
- Protection and wisdom for our sound room volunteers, as well as the musicians, Pastoral staff and lay leaders who most certainly will face spiritual warfare.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you are interested in any of these areas or have additional questions please contact Pastor Jeremy Harkins.