Why would I want to go to a place with the name Ebenezer?
Maybe you look at the name of our Church and wonder who in the world would name their church “Ebenezer?” Well, Ebenezer is actually a biblical term which means “The Lord is my helper.” This is the message of the entire Bible and the message of our church! We want to warmly welcome you to come to Ebenezer and find out more about God and what He has done for you to help you! If you do not already have a church family with whom you worship and fellowship regularly, we would like to become that church for you. We hope to see you soon. Please introduce yourself to me when you come! ~ Pastor Tim Gibson
COVID-19 – Please CHECK HERE for any changes in our schedule & programs due to Covid-19.
We would LOVE to stay connected with you! Please submit a Connection Form (https://form NULL.jotform NULL.com/90574904042152) to let us know you were here, and if you’d like more information or prayer for anything!
(https://form NULL.jotform NULL.com/90574904042152)
WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT SUNDAY MORNING?
People of all ages and backgrounds, families, singles, and students attend Ebenezer. The Pastors and others up front dress conservatively, but you’ll see all kinds of attire in the congregation (from jeans to business suits).
Our greeters will welcome you at the front door and give you a bulletin. They also have a welcome packet for first-time visitors that contains a small gift and a little more information about Ebenezer. The greeters (who also staff the “Information Counter” in the lobby) are available to answer questions or give directions.
Our worship services last approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes. You’ll worship with a blend of music varying from choir anthems to hymns to contemporary music, prayer, scripture reading, offering, and sermon. A sermon guide is normally available for note-taking. There are Assisted Listening Devices available. Recordings of the sermons (http://aplaceforyou NULL.org/?page_id=528) are available through our website.
As a visitor, we invite you to just let the offering plate pass you by. A “welcome pad” will be passed down the row so that we can record your attendance with us. If you need a copy of the Bible, feel free to take one of our pew Bibles before you leave.
SUNDAY MORNING SCHEDULE
8:30 & 11:15 am – Worship Services
9:45 – Coffee & Fellowship Time
10:05 – Sunday School & Adult Electives
1st Service – 8:30 am – 9:45 am
2nd Service – 11:15 am – 12:30 pm
Coffee & Fellowship Time
9:45 – 10:05 am – Held in the Serving Room
This is a great time to connect with those attending a different worship service or Sunday School class than you.
Young Children (8:30, 10:05, 11:15 am; based on age as of September 1)
Nursery (0-23 months), Main Lobby
Early Childhood Program (2-3 year-olds), Room 8
Children’s Church (During 11:15 Service)
Age 4 – Kindergarten, Room 15
Cross Time (10:05 – 11:00 am)
4 Year-Old – Kindergarten Class, Room 17
1st & 2nd Grade Class, Room 15
3rd & 4th Grade Class, Room 19
5th Grade Class, Room 16
Youth Ministry (http://aplaceforyou NULL.org/?page_id=47) (10:05 – 11:00 am)
Middle School Girls (Grades 6 – 8), Room 14
Middle School Boys (Grades 6 – 8), Rooms 10 & 11
High School (Grades 9 – 12), Rooms 12 & 13
College Ministry (10:05 – 11:00 am)
College-Age (age 19-25), Room 20
Adult Electives (http://aplaceforyou NULL.org/?page_id=231) (10:05 – 11:00 am)
Gym, Rooms 2, 18
Room Directory (http://aplaceforyou NULL.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/RoomDirectory2 NULL.pdf) (PDF)
WHERE DO THE KIDS GO ON SUNDAY MORNINGS?
Our friendly greeters will welcome you at the front doors and can direct you to where your children should go.
- Nursery Care (0-2 year-olds) available 8:30, 10:05, & 11:15 am (the nursery is in the main lobby area)
- Early Childhood Program (2-4 year-olds) available 8:45, 10:05, & 11:15 am (Room 8)
- Cross Time Sunday School (http://aplaceforyou NULL.org/?page_id=202) (age 4 – Grade 5) 10:05 – 11:00 am (Rooms 15-19)
- Children’s Church (age 4 – Kindergarten) offered during the 11:15 service. Children are dismissed from the sanctuary during the offering. (Room 15)
- Youth Ministries (http://aplaceforyou NULL.org/?page_id=47)(Grades 6-12) 10:05 – 11:00 am (Rooms 10-14)
While there are many ways to get involved, we suggest that you start with these:
1) Newcomer Lunch – New to Ebenezer? Please join us for lunch in the Serving Room right after second service on the 4th Sunday of the month! We’d love to share more of what Ebenezer is all about, introduce you to some of the folks here, and answer any questions you may have. Kids are welcome! Please SIGN UP HERE (https://form NULL.jotform NULL.com/91646454322154). Questions can be directed to Chris Jones (chrisjones1626 null@null gmail NULL.com).
2) Membership Class – Join us for an informative time together as we answer questions you may have about Ebenezer. Learn what we believe, how we began, what our vision is, and how you can be an essential part of it. This is a 4-part class taught by Pastor Tim Gibson. Contact Pastor Tim Gibson (tim null@null aplaceforyou NULL.org) for information on the next class!
3) Saved to Serve Class – We’ve designed a unique 4-part course that helps you identify what you’re good at and what you ENJOY doing, and then helps you discover ways to serve God with these passions He has given you. Included in the course is a personality test, gift assessment, humorous video clips, and group discussion. You can also discover the ministry at Ebenezer where you would most enjoy participating/serving. Contact Kevin Hardy (hardydesigner null@null gmail NULL.com) for more information on the next class!
4) Kinship Groups – Kinship Groups are small gatherings in which a large portion of the members and friends of our church are regularly involved in Bible discussion, fellowship, prayer and ministry. This is accomplished through Multi-Generational and Life-Stage groups. Kinships meet during the fall, winter, and spring. Groups meet twice per month on Sunday evenings at various homes. Most groups meet for 1.5 – 2 hours. During this time the group has time for fellowship, worship, and Biblical study through discussion. Click HERE to sign up (https://form NULL.jotform NULL.com/92276796660168). Contact Travis Schanely (Travisschanely null@null yahoo NULL.com), one of our Elders, for more details.