Why would I want to go to a place with the name Ebenezer?
Maybe you look at the name of our church and wonder who in the world would name their church “Ebenezer?” Well, Ebenezer is actually a biblical term that means “The Lord is my helper.” This is the message of the entire Bible and the message of our church! We want to warmly welcome you to come to Ebenezer and find out more about God and what He has done for you to help you! If you do not already have a church family with whom you worship and fellowship regularly, we would like to become that church for you. We hope to see you soon. Please introduce yourself to me when you come! ~ Pastor Tim Gibson
WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT SUNDAY MORNING?
People of all ages and backgrounds, families, singles, and students attend Ebenezer. The Pastors and others up front dress conservatively, but you’ll see all kinds of attire in the congregation (from jeans to business suits).
Our greeters will welcome you at the front door and give you a bulletin. They also have a welcome packet for first-time visitors that contains a small gift and a little more information about Ebenezer. The greeters (who also staff the “Information Counter” in the lobby) are available to answer questions or give directions.
Our worship services last approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes. You’ll worship with a blend of music varying from choir anthems to hymns to contemporary music, prayer, scripture reading, offering, and sermon. A sermon guide is normally available for note-taking. There are Assisted Listening Devices available. Recordings of the sermons are available through our website.
As a visitor, we invite you to just let the offering plate pass you by. A “welcome pad” will be passed down the row so that we can record your attendance with us. If you need a copy of the Bible, feel free to take one of our pew Bibles before you leave.
SUNDAY MORNING SCHEDULE
1st Service – 8:30 am – 9:45 am
2nd Service – 11:15 am – 12:30 pm
Adult Electives (10:05 – 10:45 am)
Minor Prophets (Gym-North)
1&2 Corinthians (Gym-South)
Sunday School (10:05 – 11:00 am)
Nursery (0-23 mos)
Early Childhood (2-3 year-olds) (Room 8)
4 Year-Olds & Kindergarten (Room 17)
1st & 2nd Grade (Room 15)
3rd – 5th Grade (Room 16/18)
Youth, grades 6-12 (Room 12/13)
College-Age (Room 20) (Begins Oct. 4)
WHERE DO THE KIDS GO ON SUNDAY MORNINGS?
Our friendly greeters will welcome you at the front doors and can direct you to where your children should go.
- Nursery Care (0-2 year-olds) available 8:30, 10:05, & 11:15 am (the nursery is in the main lobby area)
- Early Childhood Program (2-3 year-olds) available 8:45, 10:05, & 11:15 am (Room 8)
- Cross Time Sunday School (age 4 – Grade 5) 10:05 – 11:00 am (Rooms 15-17)
- Children’s Church (age 4 – Kindergarten) offered during the 11:15 service. Children are dismissed from the sanctuary during the offering. (Room 17)
- Youth Ministries (Grades 6-12) 10:05 – 11:00 am (Room 12/13)
While there are many ways to get involved, we suggest that you start with these:
- Newcomer Lunch – New to Ebenezer? Please join us for lunch in the Serving Room right after the second service on the 4th Sunday of the month! We’d love to share more of what Ebenezer is all about, introduce you to some of the folks here, and answer any questions you may have. Kids are welcome! Please Sign Up HERE. Questions can be directed to Elder Chris Jones.
- Membership Class – Join us for an informative time together as we answer questions you may have about Ebenezer. Learn what we believe, how we began, what our vision is, and how you can be an essential part of it. This is a 4-part class taught by Pastor Tim Gibson. Contact Pastor Tim Gibson for information on the next class!
- Saved to Serve Class – We’ve designed a unique 4-part course that helps you identify what you’re good at and what you ENJOY doing, and then helps you discover ways to serve God with these passions He has given you. Included in the course is a personality test, gift assessment, humorous video clips, and group discussion. You can also discover the ministry at Ebenezer where you would most enjoy participating/serving. Contact Kevin Hardy, one of our elders, for more information on the next class!
- Kinship Groups – Kinship Groups are small gatherings in which a large portion of the members and friends of our church are regularly involved in Bible discussion, fellowship, prayer, and ministry. This is accomplished through Multi-Generational and Life-Stage groups. Kinships meet during the fall, winter, and spring. Groups meet twice per month on Sunday evenings at various homes. Most groups meet for 1.5 – 2 hours. During this time the group has time for fellowship, worship, and Biblical study through discussion. Click HERE to sign up. Contact Travis Schanely, one of our Elders, for more details.